Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/public/blog/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
On February 18, 2018, Andrew and I presented a talk entitled “Screw-It-Yourself: Fun with Silicone” at Dark Odyssey Winter Fire. Here you’ll find our slides and lots of additional resources.
- Talk Slides
- References and Resources
- Additional Information about my work and experiences as a sex-positive entrepreneur
- Questions & Answers
References and Resources
- If you want to design your toy (or mold) programmatically, I recommend OpenSCAD (free and open-source, available for Linux/Unix, Windows, & Mac). Thanks to Mr. O, you can find more information and sample code for designing sex toys in OpenSCAD on this blog at “Better Sex Through Trigonometry.”
- SculptGL by Stéphane Ginier is an open-source, web-based application that lets you do organic modeling from the browser.
- If you want to 3D print your mold and then cast from that, I recommend the video “Silicone Sex Toys with 3D Printing – Part 1” by SexShop3D.
- If you want to try 3D printing directly in silicone, you’ll need a paste extruder. Watch “Silicone Sex Toys with 3D Printing – Part 2″ by SexShop3D for more info.
- Jimmie P. Rodgers and I (in cosplay) gave a one-hour intro to casting and moldmaking with a focus on working with silicone in January 2015. The slides and video are available on this blog at “Fun with Silicone.”
- I use platinum-cure silicones from Smooth-On, which I buy from Reynolds Advanced Materials. I’ve written more about my materials in “Working with Silicone for DIY Sex Toys.” Yes, you can ask Reynolds Advanced Materials about making sex toys!
Wrap-Up & Additional Information About My Work
- During this talk, I demonstrated the latest version of The Hammer (Burning Man 2013 Edition), which was also featured in Dig Boston. I gave a tech talk at Arse Elektronika 2012 about the original Hammer, which Cracked.com named the #1 geekiest sex toy of all time.
- Andrew and I co-organize a Boston-area meetup group for sex/kink-positive makers and crafters called teasecraft. We have an email list, or you can find us on FetLife (free membership required).
- I spend most of my time these days working on my startup, the Effing Foundation for Sex-Positivity. We are a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to reduce sexual shame by fostering sex-positive art and education. You can follow us on Facebook or Twitter. If you enjoyed this talk, you can show your appreciation through a donation at http://effing.org/.
Questions & Answers
We’ll update this section after the talk.