On July 1, 2021, I presented a talk entitled “Bodies, Gender, and Sex-Positivity” in an online session hosted by the Kohenet Hebrew Priestess Institute. Below you can find the talk slides as well as links to other resources.
Resources from the talk:
- Native Land (maps of Native American and other Indigenous people’s traditional lands)
- My Gender Workbook and My New Gender Workbook by Kate Bornstein
- The Gender Unicorn by TSER (Trans Student Educational Resources)
- “What is Gender?” by West Anderson
- The Gender Spectrum: A Scientist Explains Why Gender Isn’t Binary by Cade Hildreth
- The cisgender, transgender, and non-binary umbrellas diagram by Dani (@lesbijun)
- Sexual Intelligence: What We Really Want From Sex by Dr. Marty Klein
- The pizza metaphor is from this fabulous TED Talk by Al Vernacchio
- “What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex-Positive” by Cliff Pervocracy (which includes a fabulous section on what Cliff doesn’t mean)
- The Effing Foundation for Sex-Positivity home page, and you can check out the work of all of our awesome grantees here and our partners here. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Scarleteen has tons of resources for teens and emerging adults
- Pleasure Pie is a grassroots sex-positive org with some fabulous sex-positive zines and other resources
- The Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health offers awesome virtual workshops on a wide range of sexuality-related topics
- The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom promotes consent in the BDSM community & maintains a directory of kink-aware professionals